University of Birmingham
Midday Monday 15th December – Midday Wednesday 17th December 2014
The UK’s first inclusive Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Research Network, H2FC SUPERGEN is delighted to call for abstracts for our annual ‘Researcher Conference’. Following the success of this event last year, the conference aims to provide a platform for PhD students, PDRAs, and early career researchers / academics to present their work through talks and poster sessions, alongside leading academics, and industrialists working in Hydrogen and Fuel Cell research.
The conference will take place at the University of Birmingham, the heart of the Centre for Doctoral Training on Fuel Cells and their Fuels, and there will be a chance for attendees to visits associated labs. Alongside the talks and posters, there will be networking drinks and a conference dinner.
We ask PhD students, researchers, academics, industrialists to provide half to one page abstracts for the conference detailing their research and giving an overview of the results they wish to present to Dr Chloe Stockford at email@example.com by Tuesday 11th November 2014. Please indicate your preference for an oral or poster presentation.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
In-line with the ethos of H2FC SUPERGEN, the conference endeavours to bring together the entire Hydrogen and Fuel Cell research community. With this in mind those we very much encourage attendance from:
- PhD students, PDRAs, early career researchers
- Those working in government/policy across the field of Hydrogen and Fuel Cells
We expect a strong attendance for leading academics and key industrialists alongside PhD students/PDRAs/early career researchers. The conference will provide an excellent chance to network within the community.
Please note that those who are taking part in the poster session that they should bring an A1 poster, preferably portrait along on the day.
- A range of presentations delivered by PhD students/PDRAs/ early career researchers alongside keynote talks given by leading academics/industrialists
- Poster sessions giving the opportunity for PhD students/PDRAs/ early career researchers for to showcase their research
- An interactive panel of PhD holders working across a spectrum of professions
- Conference Dinner and networking drinks
- A chance for attendees to visits the labs
The agenda can be found here.
The cost of attending the conference is £50 for a student and £150 for a non-student. This includes conference registration, lunches and refreshments throughout the conference, networking drinks and the conference dinner on December 16th. It does not include the cost of accommodation which must be booked independently.
Students can register for the conference here: www.h2fcsupergen.com/student-registration.
Non-students can register here: www.h2fcsupergen.com/non-student-registration.
The deadline for registration is Friday 21st November 2014. Please note that places are limited so early registration is advised.
Accommodation will be available at the University of Birmingham. A number of rooms have been reserved. Please visit www.venuebirmingham.com/sleep to reserve your accommodation using the code H2FC, to obtain the discounted rate of £65 per person for a twin/double or £45 per person for a single room plus breakfast before Friday 14th November 2014.
- Abstract Deadline – Tuesday 11th November 2014
- Registration Deadline – Friday 21st November 2014
- Discounted University of Birmimgham Accomodation deadline – Friday 14th November 2014
- Conference Dates – Midday Monday 15th – midday Wednesday 17th December 2014