- This event has passed.
Decarbonising the Gas Network
4th July 2017 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pmFree
About The Event: Decarbonising the Gas Network
The UK benefits from a long established gas network with a proven history of delivering natural gas safely, affordably and reliably to millions of customers each year.
But the energy landscape is changing. If we are to meet the target of an 80 per cent reduction in greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 then our industry faces the challenge of how we will continue to heat our homes, cook our food and generate power whilst reducing our impact on the environment.
Join us for Decarbonising the Gas Network where we’ll explore:
- The need to decarbonise the gas network
- The role that low carbon gases could play in reducing the carbon footprint of our industry
- The practicalities of injecting low carbon gases into the current network
- Necessary changes to the Gas Safety (Management) Regulations (GSMR)
- And the effects of low carbon gas and their variable quality on the supply chain and customers
We’ll also take a look at the industry’s response to the emissions challenge by reviewing some of the innovative pilot projects that have embraced low carbon gases and are proving that the existing gas network can continue to be a valuable national asset and play a pivotal role in the future energy mix of this country from now to 2050 and beyond.
Speakers to date include:
- Stew McEwen, Health & Safety Executive
- Jon Saltmarsh, BEIS
- David Parkin, Cadent Gas
- Richard Evans, Worcester Bosch
- Ian McCluskey, IGEM
- Mark Crowther, KIWA Gastec
- Oliver Lancaster, Wales & West Utilities
- Sarah Kimpton, DNV GL
- Andy Lewis, Cadent Gas
- Navdeep Kahlon, Cadent Gas
- Alex Webb, SGN
To register for the event visit the event website.