- This event has passed.
Infrastructure Systems Competition Round 2 Briefing & Brokerage Event
24th January 2017 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pmFree
The Knowledge Transfer Network, in partnership with Innovate UK, will be hosting a series of events across the UK to discuss Round 2 of Innovate UK’s Infrastructure Systems competition.
This London event will focus on the detailed briefing of the application process, while the lunch and afternoon session will be an opportunity for networking and for delegates wishing to give a short pitch on their capability offering and partner requirements.
‘Infrastructure systems’ describes the systems that provide critical societal services. These include energy, mobility and those services that enable towns and cities to thrive. As these systems face increasing social and environmental pressures, we need innovation to ensure:
- resilience to change
- fitness for purpose in the future
- optimal value from investment
What is the opportunity?
Innovate UK is to invest up to £15m in projects to stimulate innovation that creates UK business growth in infrastructure systems. We want businesses to collaborate to develop new integrated solutions and new business models.
We are looking to fund a portfolio of projects. These may include technical feasibility, industrial research or experimental development projects. We expect projects to range in size from total eligible costs of £25,000 to £5 million. Projects should last between 3 months and 3 years.
Projects must show significant innovation in one of our priority areas:
- ‘smart’ infrastructure
- energy systems
- connected transport
- urban living
There are 2 competition options:
- stream 1 allocates £5 million for projects that last from 3 months to 1 year with costs from £25,000 to £100,000
- stream 2 allocates £10 million for projects lasting from 1 year to 3 years with costs between £100,000 and £5 million
- Competition opens: 16 January 2017
- Briefing Event: 24 January 2017
- Brokerage Events*: 19, 26 & 31 January 2017 and 2 & 7 February 2017
- Register before noon 15 March 2017
- Apply before noon 22 March 2017
Click here to find out more about this competition.
Who should attend?
This event will benefit businesses, academics, researchers and local authorities involved in energy systems, resilient urban systems, connected transport systems (Autonomous Vehicles not in scope) and pulling in new technologies from digital, communications, sensors, electronics and novel materials sectors.
The events will include:
- an opportunity to hear about the scope of the competition in more detail
- an opportunity to network and develop cross sector partnerships for the competition
- an opportunity to meet with Innovate UK for 1:1 discussions about the competition
Not able to attend?
The London Briefing event will also be available via webcast. Click here to register for the webcast.
Partnering: We will be making a one-to-one meeting facility available to delegates. Meeting Mojo enables you to book meetings with each other online, ahead of the event. This facility will open 2 weeks prior to the event and registered attendees will receive login details then. You can search or browse company/delegate listings, and request one-to-one meetings with other delegates which will take place at the event. You can also use this facility to pre-book meetings with Innovate UK and KTN.
*Regional Brokerage Events